Monday, September 8, 2008

General Thoughts

Thank You Lord for another trip to Israel!

I leave this week for my 15th trip to the Holy Land. I am truely blessed! My focus for this trip will be the twelve tribes. I believe that we will have to opportunity to visit the Temple Institute in Jerusalem.

If you are interested in anything about the Temple, or the rebuilding of the Temple, be sure to go to their web site. www.templeinstitute.org.

This past Sunday I had the blessing of teaching my ladies at Tierrasanta Baptist Churh about Anna (Luke 2:36-38). She was from the tribe of Asher. Now, why would God give us so much information about the background of Anna, when usually this type of desctiption is not given to us about the women of Scripture? Why mention her father or her tribe?


Asher was one of the smaller tribes, located along the Mediterranian coast in the north. Those who believe that oil will be found in Israel base their intitial interest in the verses about Asher that mention "riches" and "oil." Were the riches olive oil, or perhaps oil not yet found? Asher is said to be "blessed above the other brothers"...we have not seen that yet...perhaps oil will be found in Israel one day....an interesting thought.

Another intersting thing about the tribe of Asher is that in the New Testament, very few tribes are mentioned (do a word search/Strongs search) - Outside of Revelation 7 only Judah, Benjamin and Asher are mentioned.(An interesting side study is Rev 7. Two tribes are left out of the listing - Dan and Simeon - why?)....oh well, more on Asher in another blog. (See my next entry for general notes on Asher.)

I will blog my findings about the 12 tibes, and my daily adventures, when I return.

Let me end with the emphatic statement.....if you love Israel and the Holy Land - you should go!!!! This will be one of the most moving, life changing and important trips in your life. I know you have heard this, but it is true!!!! Save your money, take and loan, whatever....just go...you will be blessed!

No comments: