Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rev. 12 and 13

I have really enjoyed this study...fascinating stuff!! Here is the outline I used to study this.

STOP! LOOK! LISTEN!
Study Rev. 12 and 13

Use the Stop! Look! Listen technique on these two chapters. These chapters describe the last 3 ½ years of the Tribulation.

STOP! Slow down as you read through these two chapters. There are many words/concepts/symbols that are difficult to understand.


LOOK! Research what is difficult to understand. Use reliable commentaries. This will be very time consuming with these remaining chapters of Rev. Questions I ask myself:

Is this all literal – or figurative? What about the ‘flood,’ the ‘hiding of the child in the wilderness’? etc…

Note “because’, ‘but’ and ‘for’ (when it means because) sentences.

As I study these two chapters I am struck by the fact that there are very differing opinions from the scholars about what some of these things mean; for instance…who is the ‘woman,’ who, or what, does ‘666’ mean?

Who is this one who is dead, with a head wound, and brought back to life?
Who is the woman?
Who is the child?

I also see where some of the things happening are being prepared or set up today: the world is calling for a one world leader, countries in Europe are forming a confederacy, computers are taking over business and banking, we have the capability to put a chip under a persons skin for ‘medical records’ purposes – what other ‘signs’?

These things I do know: 1) We don’t understand it all. 2) It is going to happen. 3) It will be terrible 4) I don’t want to be here when it happens! Glad I won't be there!

Where is the any ‘victory?’

LISTEN!

If the book of Revelation is the “unveiling of Jesus Christ” how do these two chapters describe, or ‘unveil’ Him?

What is God trying to teach us in these chapters?
What if these two chapters had been left out of Scripture?
How do these two chapters impact my life today? ???????????????

WOW!!!! I must keep my eyes open to what is going on in the world, and ‘looking up’ for the rapture!

No comments: